|Mrs. Stiney working hard with students in guided learning.|
She is the BRES Teacher of the Month.
This week I would like to encourage you to set a +10 Goal for learning with your student. A +10 Goal is a commitment to improve by 10 points from last year's STAAR test or from the last assessment. Growth is a goal that can be attained if we first proclaim it and then work hard every single day to reach it. Below is a great motivational video that I encourage you to watch with you child before you set your +10 Goal. It will change your belief system about goals.
|January is Board Appreciation Month.|
Thank you BRISD board members for all that you
do to lead our district to Excellence.
- Fri, 1/ 6, Girls BB vs Wolfe City 5 pm HERE
- Fri, 1/6, Boys BB vs Lindsay 7 pm. HERE
- Sat, 1/8, MS BB Boys Tournament
- 1/9 - 1/13 Exam Week and Formative Assessment Week at all campuses
- Tue, 1/10 - Girls HS BB vs. Trenton AWAY
- Tue, 1/10 - Boys HS BB vs. Celina AWAY
- Thu, 1/12 - JH BB vs Trenton AWAY
- Fri, 1/13 - End of 2nd 9 Weeks, Exams, and Early Release Day
- Fri, 1/13 - HS BB vs Bland HERE
- Sat, 1/14 - 7th BB at Trenton Tourney
- Sat, 1/14 - JV BB at Bland Tourney
- Mon, 1/16 - School Holiday (MLK Jr. Day)
- Tue, 1/17 - BRISD Board Meeting at 6 p.m.
Elementary School Calendar
Middle School Calendar
High School Calendar
We Need You to Advocate for Texas Schools!!!
The Texas Legislature will begin its session on Tuesday, January 10 and this probably the most important session facing education in the last 20 year. As superintendent, I have been meeting with legislators in Collin County and advocating for the following legislation:
I would like to invite you to join me in pushing these efforts. If you would like to learn more about how these 3 priorities, please go to TexasStudentsMatter.com. Additionally, if you would like to know who your legislators are, you can CLICK ON THIS LINK, enter your address, and this site will tell you who they are.
If you would like to know more or would like to visit with me about this, please call the school at 972-752-5554 or leave a comment at the bottom with your contact information. (The comment will remain private and will not be posted on the site.)
Here are a few more links of interest that will tell you why we are pushing for this change to the legislation:
- A-F: Rating performance or punishing poverty?
- Calculating A-F Grades by Klein ISD Superintendent Bret Champion
- Why are my Taxes going Up?
If you have a question, suggestion, or comment, please let a comment below. Comments are not published immediately. Please do not leave negative comments about individual people. If you have a negative comment, please email the principal, superintendent or call 972-752-5554.