|January is School Board|
Blue Ridge ISD is growing by leaps and bounds, and that is because of the leadership of our board members. January is Board Appreciation Month, and this month, we would like to take time to thank our board members for the sacrifices that they make to lead our district closer to excellence.
Our school board members are focused on continuous improvement, high expectations, support systems to reach district goals, and they create and approve policies that help administrators support teachers, help teachers support students, and guarantee that every student reaches excellence. Please join me in thanking our board members.
|Top L-R - Lillard, McGinnis, Duncan, Phillips|
Bottom L-R - Dauster, Harvey, McCreary, Wink
- Mike McCreary, President
- Joe Harvey, Vice President
- Kevin Dauster, Secretary
- Tammy Phillips
- Seth McGinnis
- Gary Lillard
- Brad Duncan
|1st Graders learning Place Value|
- Fri, 1/13 - End of 2nd 9 Weeks, Exams, and Early Release Day
- Fri, 1/13 - HS BB vs Bland HERE
- Sat, 1/14 - 7th BB at Trenton Tourney
- Sat, 1/14 - JV BB at Bland Tourney
- Mon, 1/16 - School Holiday (MLK Jr. Day)
- Tue, 1/17 - BRISD Board Meeting at 6 p.m.
- Tue 1/17 - Beginning of 3rd 9 Weeks
- Tue, 1/17 - HS BB vs Celeste AWAY
- Thu, 1/19 - JH BB vs Dodd City AWAY
- Fri, 1/20 - HS vs. Honey Grove HOME
- Sat, 1/21 - 7th Boys BB at Honey Grove Tourney
Elementary School Calendar
Middle School Calendar
High School Calendar
BRISD is #BetterThanALetter.
Last week, I shared some information detailing the new A-F ratings that the state of Texas released in a "what if" scenario last week. This scenario will detail what the ratings might look like when the A-F rating system will become official in August 2018. This week, I would like to highlight some amazing things that BRISD does that will never be included in our rating.
Did You Know?
- BRHS will have an international trip to Italy this spring break for several HS students.
- For years, BRMS 6th and 8th graders have taken a 4 day trip around Texas to learn more about science and Texas history.
- That our UIL Middle School and Elementary Academic teams increased their overall performance by 50%-100% in just one year.
- Our band program is growing by leaps and bounds.
- Our FFA program is making great accomplishments in competition.
- Our high school began a new robotics program.
- Our SAT and ACT average scores increased by 15% in one year.
- 90% of our HS students graduated completing a Career Technical Education coherent sequence.
- 98% of our seniors graduated in 2015, and 100% graduated in 2016.
- 75% of our seniors graduated on the Recommended High School Plan and 81% did the same in 2016.
If you would like to learn more about A-F or you would like to contact your Texas legislator, please CLICK HERE.
DROP A COMMENT to tell us a special fact about BRISD that will goes well beyond what is being evaluated on the Texas Accountability System.
Your Input Matters
If you have a question, suggestion, or comment, please let a comment below. Comments are not published immediately. Please do not leave negative comments about individual people. If you have a negative comment, please email the principal, superintendent or call 972-752-5554.