He got his start in education as a middle school history teacher and coach in the Midland/Odessa area. His impeccable references showed what we saw in the interview. Mr. Lentz is a team builder. He is a strong instructional leader, and he is an innovative thinker. We are excited about the skills that he will bring to Blue Ridge to make our great school more successful than every before.
His wife, Kristen, will join us as our new English 2 and 4 teacher. Like Mr. Lentz, her skillset is amazing and her personality will motivate kids to love English. They will bring their 2 beautiful daughters, McKinley and Kaitlyn, to Blue Ridge Elementary this fall.
Excellent Teachers coming to BRISD
Heads up!!! Great teachers are headed to Blue Ridge for the 2017-2018 school year. We are excited about the talent in these great teachers. During this hiring season, we saw our applicant pool increase in many positions by over 1000% from the previous year. That speaks volumes to our great district and the fact that the word is out. Blue Ridge ISD is a destination district for not only our students but teachers as well. Join me in welcoming our new staff members.
|Rick Bailey||BRHS||SS Teacher & Head Volleyball Coach|
|James Carpenter||BRMS / BRES||Asst. Band Director / Elementary Music|
|Courtney Christenson||BRMS / BRHS||MS Academics / Boys Head Basketball Coach|
|Alli Eales||BRES / BRHS||PE / Girls Athletics|
|Miranda Garlington||BRES||4th Grade Math|
|Rebecca Kay||BRHS / BRMS||Secondary Counselor|
|Kristen Lentz||BRHS||English 2 & 4|
|Erin Masias||BRES||2nd Grade|
|Leslie Patterson||BRES||Dyslexia Coordinator|
|Helen Thompson||BRES||District Nurse|
- Fri-Sat, July 7-8 - Blue Ridge Rodeo
- Mon, July 17 - Board Meeting at 6 p.m.
- July 25 - 26 - Revolutionizing Learning Conference for BR Staff in Royse City
- Mon, July 31 - HS Reserved Painted Parking Spaces
- Tue, Aug 1- Middle School Registration
- Tue, Aug 1 - High School Registration for Jrs & Srs.
- Tue, Aug 1 - Elementary School Registration
- Wed, Aug 2 - HS Registration for Fr & Soph.
- Wed, Aug 2 - Elementary School Registration
- Thu, Aug 3 - Teacher of the Year Luncheon in Garland
- Fri, Aug 4 - HS VB Scrimmage vs. Anna
- Mon, Aug 7 - 9 - New Teacher Orientation
- Mon, Aug 7 - Blue Ridge Alliance Meeting at 6:30 p.m. (Open to all Blue Ridge Businesses, Churches and Organizations)
- Thu, Aug 10 - BRISD Teachers and Staff Return
- Fri, Aug 11 - HS FB vs. Cumby (HOME)
- Mon, Aug 21 - First Day of School 2017-2018
Elementary School Calendar
Middle School Calendar
High School Calendar
Your Input Matters
If you have a question, suggestion, or comment, please let a comment below. Comments are not published immediately. Please do not leave negative comments about individual people. If you have a negative comment, please email the principal, superintendent or call 972-752-5554.