September was a fantastic month, and we enjoyed a great first full month of school. Now that October is here, there are so many events coming up this month, and one of the last events of October will be the Blue Ridge Fall Festival on Saturday, October 27. I hope you will come out to this event that celebrates everything in Blue Ridge. This includes Blue Ridge ISD, City of Blue Ridge, Blue Ridge Chamber of Commerce, BRASA and so many more groups and organizations. We hope you will come out and join us.
Register to Vote
The last day to register to vote is October 9, 2018. Registration forms from your county elections office and we have voter registration cards at the BRISD Administration Office.
Election day is Tuesday, November 6, 2018
Facility Survey & Long-Range Facility Planning
|Congrats to Mr. Wink’s Elementary Student Leader of |
the Week, Kaedyn Garza!
The district has assembled a Long-Range Facility Planning Committee and all members of the Blue Ridge ISD community are invited to participate. The committee will meet on Thursday, October 4 at 6 p.m. at the BRISD Administration Building.
Fall Food Pantry Food Drive
One of the great things about Blue Ridge ISD is that we help one another. We have a Clothes Closet that provides our students with clothes, and we have a Food Pantry that provides deserving families with food. Both of these initiatives are led by Carolyn Wink, and during the month of October, we will be having a Food Drive competition where we are seeking to stock the food pantry with foods listed in the image to your right.
This is also a competition. We will be rewarding the grade levels at each campus who donate the most food, and the winning grade levels will be treated to an ice cream party for their hard work. We are so blessed to live in a such a wonderful community as Blue Ridge. I hope you will join in as we work together to make it a wonderful place for students and families who need our help.
What I'm Reading
|MS Science in Coach Barge's class always gets a|
great reaction from both kids and experiments.
- Fri, Sep 28 - HS VB vs Tom Bean HOME
- Fri, Sep 28 - End of 6 Weeks Grading Period (Eligibility Check for Extracurricular Participation)
- Sat, Sep 29 - Cross Country at Farmersville
- Mon, Oct 1 - Senior Tux and Drape Pictures
- Mon, Oct 1 - JH VB at Leonard
This past week, I had the opportunity the speak to BRHS seniors about
job interviewing skills. Thank you to Coach Majors, Coach Bailey and
Dr. Leslie for inviting me to speak.
- Tue, Oct 2 - 6 Week Progress Reports go home
- Tue, Oct 2 - National Night Out
- Tue, Oct 2 - HS VB vs Bells HOME
- Thu, Oct 4 - BR Cross Country Invitational
- Thu, Oct 4 - JH/JV Football at Whitewright
- Thu, Oct 4 - Long Range Facility Planning Committee Meeting at BRISD Admin Building at 6 pm.
- Fri, Oct 5 - HS VB at Van Alstyne
- Fri, Oct 5 - HS FB vs Whitewright HOME
- Sat, Oct 6 - Band at Aubrey
- Sat, Oct 6 - Robotics at Denison
- Sat, Oct 6 - Theatre Program hosts Dinner Theatre at 5 pm
Congratulations to the Coach Bailey and Lady Tigers
who are currently in 1st Place in district play.
- Mon, Oct 8 - No School - State Fair Day
- Mon, Oct 8 - MS VB vs Whitewright HOME
- Tue, Oct 9 - HS VB vs Whitewright HOME
- Tue, Oct 9 - District Improvement Team Meeting at 4 p.m. at Admin Bldg.
- Thu, Oct 11 - MS/JV FB vs Cooper HOME
- Fri, Oct 12 - HS VB at Bonham
- Fri, Oct 12 - HS FB at Cooper
- Sat, Oct 13 - Band at Ponder Contest
- Sat, Oct 13 - HS UIL Academics at Melissa
- Sat, Oct 13 - Robotics at Allen Contest
Elementary School Calendar
Middle School Calendar
High School Calendar
Blue Ridge Community Calendar
Your Input Matters
If you have a question, suggestion, or comment, please leave a comment below. Comments are not published immediately. Please do not leave negative comments about individual people. If you have a negative comment, please email the principal, superintendent or call 972-752-5554.