Please encourage your child to be at school every day as there will be many lessons that will help your child reach his/her academic goals. Secondly, take time regularly to discuss with them the importance of having a hard work ethic and to develop the strategies that they will need to reach their +10 Goal in all courses.
|Kindergarten students had their Fairy Tale Ball where they had the opportunity |
to dress up like their favorite fairy tale characters. Thank you Ms. Reeves, Ms. Stiney, and Ms. Ellingson
for all of your hard work.
|BRHS student enjoying EOC editing|
and revising review game.
- Fri, 3/31
- STAAR Make-up Testing Day
- District Tennis at Princeton
- Report Cards go home
- Softball vs Bells HOME
- Baseball vs. Bland AWAY
- Sat, 4/1 - One Act Play Area Competition in Winona, TX
- Mon, 4/3 - Early Release Day at 12:30
- Book Fair Week Begins
- District Golf Tournament at Webb Hill
- Tue, 4/4 - Softball vs Sam Rayburn AWAY
- Tue, 4/4 - Baseball vs. Celeste HERE
- Thu, 4/6 - Blue Ridge HS Track Meet
- Fri, 4/7 - UIL Regional Academic Meet at Grayson College
- Fri, 4/7 - Baseball vs. Tom Bean AWAY
- Sat, 4/8 - JH District Track Meet at Blue Ridge Stadium
- Sat, 4/8 - Baseball vs. Bells HERE
Elementary School Calendar
Middle School Calendar
High School Calendar
BRISD 17-18 DRAFT CALENDAR
UIL Excels at District
|BRMS Twin Day|
The BRHS UIL Academics Team competed on Saturday at the district meet and took 3rd place. This is the highest the team has performed in at least 5 years. The team more than doubled is overall point total from 110 in 2016 to 273.66 in 2017. That is outstanding!!! Special thanks to UIL Academic Coordinators, Stacey Raymer and Jennifer Stroup for all of their hard work in leading our coaches and students to excel. CLICK HERE to see the results and student winners, and CLICK HERE to see the list of students headed to the regional competition on April 7 and 8 at Grayson College.
FFA competes in Houston
Our FFA students completed their state stock show competition season at the Houston Stock Show. BRHS Ag Teacher, Leslie Packard said that she was extremely happy with the results our students produced. Please join me in recognizing and congratulating the following students:
- Brennan Garner 12th place market lamb *made sale!
- Kaitlyn Garner 8th place Beefmaster heifer
- Carson Garner 6th place Beefmaster heifer
- Katherine Henric 10th place Shorthorn heifer
- Jimmy Fortner 2nd place Duroc market barrow *made sale!
- Jaci Horton 3rd place Duroc market barrow *made sale!
- Maddie Banks 2nd place light weight market goat *made sale!
- KC Swift 2nd place Red Cross market steer *made sale!
Your Input Matters
If you have a question, suggestion, or comment, please let a comment below. Comments are not published immediately. Please do not leave negative comments about individual people. If you have a negative comment, please email the principal, superintendent or call 972-752-5554.