As we reflect on the tragedy in Parkland, FL, many have inquired about our protocols to ensure the safety of our students. Please note that I share your concerns as both a parent and educator, and we are doing everything to ensure that all of our schools are safe learning environments. Here are the things we have in place or have reviewed in the last week.
- Lockdown procedures with all staff and students,
- Meetings with students and staff on how to protect ourselves,
- Our School Resource Officer is on duty every single day and he patrols our schools and ensures that exterior doors stay locked,
- Coordination with Collin County to ensure a quick response time.
What can parents do?
The first suggestion that I can make is to have conversations with your children. If they are concerned, I invited you to contact your school principal for more information. Secondly, we must remind our children that they have a voice. If they see something, they need to report it to the principal. Even if they aren't sure, they still need to report it. Last, I invite you to ask questions and make suggestions. We can always make our schools safer, and you may have an idea that could help us.
We have already begun updating our Emergency Operations Plan. We will be looking at more training for our teachers and new strategies to ensure that what has happened in other schools doesn't happen here. As we update those procedures, we will train our staff, educate our students, and inform you. Last, your student is your most prized possession. We know that, and we take this issue very seriously and will do our best to protect your children.
Excellence in Athletics Congratulations to Natalie Walker (Right) who is the Region 6 Division 3 Champion in the 105 class and is headed to the UIL STATE Powerlifting Meet in Waco over Spring Break. She set regional records for Girls Class (105 lb) for Squat (280 lb), Benchpress (145 lb) and Overall Weight. We are so proud of Natalie and her coaches Jarred Seamans and Scott Ball.
March Primary Voting Information
You can vote at Blue Ridge ISD Administration building on election day on Tuesday, March 6.
- Thu, Mar 1 & Fri, Mar 2 - Whitewright Tennis Tournament
- Thu, Mar 1 & Fri, Mar 2 - Van Alstyne Softball Tournament
- Thu, 3/1 - Sat, 3/3 - Blue Ridge Baseball Tournament
- Sat, Mar 2 - HS One Act Play District Meet at Denison HS
- March 5 - 9 - Texas Public Schools Week
- Mon, Mar 5 - JH Track Meet at BRHS
- Tue, Mar 6 - Election Day for March Primaries
- Tue, Mar 6 - Baseball at Tom Bean
- Tue, Mar 6 - Softball at Savoy
- Thu, Mar 8 - Open House at BRES from 5 - 7 p.m.
- Thu, Mar 8 - HS Track Meet at Bells
- Thu-Sat, Mar 8 - 10 - Baseball at Anna Tournament
- Fri, Mar 9 - End of 3rd 9 Weeks
- Fri, Mar 9 - Baseball JV at Leonard
- Fri, Mar 9 - Softball vs Bells at Home
- Fri, Mar 9 - Boys Powerlifting at Chico
- Mon, Mar 12 - 16 - Spring Break
- Mon, Mar 12 - Softball at Sam Rayburn
- Tue, Mar 13 - Baseball vs Bells
- Tue, Mar 13 - Softball vs Dodd City HOME
- Fri, Mar 16 - Girls State Powerlifting Meet in Waco
- Mon, Mar 19 - BRISD Board Meeting at 6 p.m.
- Mon, Mar 19 - Golf at Webb Hill
- Mon, Mar 19 - JH Track Meet HOME
BRMS has a great competition leading up to Spring Break
Attendance + Helping the Community = Pancakes
- Mon, Mar 19 - JV Baseball at Tioga
- Tue, Mar 20 - Softball at Trenton
- Tue, Mar 20 - Baseball at Savoy
- Thu, Mar 22 - HS Track Meet HOME
- Fri, Mar 23 - Carter Blood Drive at BRHS
- Fri, Mar 23 - Softball at Ector
- Fri, Mar 23 - Baseball vs Trenton HOME
- Sat, Mar 24 HS UIL Academics District Meet at BRHS
Elementary School Calendar
Middle School Calendar
High School Calendar
Blue Ridge Community Calendar
Sign Up for BRHS Communication
If you are interested in receiving the Weekly Parent Update on Fridays, please make sure you sign up on the google form. A letter went home last week to provide additional ways to stay connected.
CLICK HERE to sign up
Your Input Matters
If you have a question, suggestion, or comment, please let a comment below. Comments are not published immediately. Please do not leave negative comments about individual people. If you have a negative comment, please email the principal, superintendent or call 972-752-5554.