October is over and November is here. For men, No Shave November is here, and in school No Excuse November is here. The purpose for No Excuse November is to challenge students, parents, and teachers to crush all the excuses that makes us fail to grow in our work and in our learning. For example the biggest excuses made by most people are "I don't have time" or "I can't do that". That's simply not true. We have the time if we make it, and we can do anything we commit to do.
Let's face it. Excuses do nothing more than allow us to remain in our current state. They keep us in our present state and serve as a barrier to find our inner excellence. As parents and educators, we must challenge kids to stop making the following excuses when it comes to learning:
- I'm not a good reader.
- Math is not my thing.
- I can't write.
- I don't have time to study.
None of these excuses are true. Students can be good readers, mathematicians, writers and studious learners if we teach them to avoid the trap of making excuses. When excuses are no longer allowed, learning increases, students learn the value of hard work and perseverance, and No Excuse November will be a powerful month that leads kids to success. I hope you will challenge your student to adopt the No Excuse November movement.
|VOTING WILL BE HELD IN THE BRISD ADMINISTRATION BOARDROOM.|
DON'T FORGET TO VOTE!
- Mon, 11/7 - Begin 2nd 6 Weeks Assessments
- Tue, 11/8 - Election Day (Voting at BRISD Administration Building)
- Thu, 11/10 JH BB vs. Trenton at 4:30 HERE
- Fri, 11/11 - Veteran’s Day Assembly at 2 pm at BRHS Gym
- Mon, 11/14 - BRISD Board Meeting at 6 p.m.
- Mon, 11/14 - JH BB vs. Dodd City at 4:30 pm HERE
- Tue, 11/15 - HS Girls BB vs. Van Alstyne at 5 pm AWAY
- Thu, 11/17 - Sat, 11/19 - Blue Ridge Basketball Tournament
- Mon, 11/21 - Fri, 11/25 - THANKSGIVING BREAK
Elementary School Calendar
Middle School Calendar
High School Calendar
If you are interested in helping us start our BRISD Food Pantry, please read the letter below.