This past week, your student took one or more 6 week assessments. The purpose of 6 weeks assessment is two-fold. First it is to gauge which essential skills your student mastered this past 6 weeks, and second, we want to determine how much growth your child made from the 1st 6 weeks.
|Mrs. Stephens' students are creating|
products based on the stories they
- What was your performance on your assessment?
- How much growth did you make from last 6 weeks?
- Which skills did you perform the best on and by how much?
- Which skills do you need to work on for next 6 weeks?
- What is your goal growth in the 3rd 6 weeks?
- How can I help you improve your performance?
Great conversations with students about their learning is necessary to motivate them to continue to try harder. I hope you will take a few minutes to talk to your child about their growth on the 2nd 6 weeks assessment. It will definitely keep them focused on reaching all of their +10 goals this year.
|Is your student an engineer?|
They love to count, are inquisitive and
think in numbers.
- Fri, 11/11 - HS Girls BB vs. Parish Episcopal at 5 pm AWAY
- Fri, 11/11 - Veteran’s Day Assembly at 2 pm at BRHS Gym
- Mon, 11/14 - BRISD Board Meeting at 6 p.m.
- Mon, 11/14 - JH BB vs. Dodd City at 4:30 pm HERE
- Tue, 11/15 - HS Girls BB vs. Van Alstyne at 5 pm AWAY
- Thu, 11/17 - Sat, 11/19 - Blue Ridge Basketball Tournament
- Mon, 11/21 - Fri, 11/25 - THANKSGIVING BREAK
Elementary School Calendar
Middle School Calendar
High School Calendar
On Monday, November 7, BRISD board members and administrators participated in the CSTA (Community Schools Transformation Alliance) board training at Sunnyvale ISD with about 8 other school districts. Below is a slide show that highlights what we learned about.
To stop the slideshow in order to read more, press the pause button.
Your Input Matters
If you have a question, suggestion, or comment, please let a comment below. Comments are not published immediately. Please do not leave negative comments about individual people. If you have a negative comment, please email the principal, superintendent or call 972-752-5554.