Our focus at Blue Ridge ISD is about growing learners into leaders. This week, I encourage you to discuss with your child how he or she is leading himself/herself to become a better learner. Here are a few questions that you can ask.
- How well are you doing at staying on top of your school work?
- How well are you doing at taking good notes to make sure you remember what you learn?
- What are you doing at paying attention and staying focused in class?
- What kinds of questions are you asking your teacher to learn more or to get help?
- What are two or three things you are learning from your classmates in a class that is challenging for you?
Becoming a great leader starts with becoming a great learner first, and great learning comes with focus, discipline, determination and perseverance.
Our students are improving their writing with the use of our new Chromebooks, and there are 5 Useful Chrome Extensions for students to add through the chrome extensions. Watch this 3 minute video and ask your HS student if they have these 5 extensions on their Chromebook?
On Monday, August 29, the Blue Ridge ISD Board of Trustees adopted the 2016-2017 budget and tax rate. The tax rate for 2016-2017 remained the same at $1.5715 per $100 valuation, and the adopted budget will be $8,824,166.
Additionally, the board reviewed enrollment numbers comparing the first week of school enrollment for the last four years. Enrollment is up 62 students from last year's enrollment, and in the last 4 years, the district has grown 91 students. In our enrollment, the number of transfer students increased from 60 to 81 this year alone. We will continue to monitor growth and housing development to anticipate future growth for our district.
Below is a slideshow that illustrates our district's growth.
- Fri, 9/2 - Pep Rally at 2:30 at BRHS
- Fri, 9/2 - VB vs Boles AWAY at 4:30
- Fri, 9/2 - FB vs Whitewright HOME at 7:30
- Sat, 9/3 - VB at Cumby Tournament
- Mon, 9/5 - Labor Day (NO SCHOOL)
- Tue, 9/6 - VB vs Community AWAY at 5:00
- Wed, 9/7 - JH & JV FB vs Honey Grove HOME at 4:30 & 6:00
- Thu, 9/8 - FB vs Honey Grove AWAY at 7:30
- Fri, 9/9 - VB vs Tom Bean AWAY at 4:30
Elementary School Calendar
Middle School Calendar
High School Calendar
Follow BRISD on Social Media
Blue Ridge ISD has so many exciting things going on that we can't list them all, BUT you can follow them all, by visiting our webpages, liking our Facebook pages and following our Twitter accounts. Here is a list of the Twitter and Facebook accounts by organization, and below the list is an awesome example of how we are sharing our schools with you. Mr. Todd, BRES Principal is using Periscope to live stream exciting events at BRES through the school's Twitter account.
Webpage Facebook Twitter
What I'm Learning
- How to Move from Zaption to EDpuzzle In Three Steps via Richard Byrne
- Ninja Reflections on Education: 20 Songs to Use at School #KidsDeserveIt from Todd Nesloney
If you have a question, suggestion, or comment, please let a comment below. Comments are not published immediately. Please do not leave negative comments about individual people. If you have a negative comment, please email the principal, superintendent or call 972-752-5554.