We are completing the first 3 weeks of school, and wow, have they been fast. This week, I would like to encourage you to take time to visit with your children about how the first 3 weeks have gone. Here are a few questions you can ask them.
- Which class is your favorite class and why?
- Which class is a struggle for you and what makes it hard for you?
- Who are you sitting with at lunch and what do you all talk about?
- Are you having any problems with any students and if so, what are they?
- What do you hope to accomplish in the next 3 weeks?
- How can I help you do better in school?
Asking these starter questions can lead to some great conversations with your students. Through these talks you can educate your kids on how to solve problems, how to persevere in tough times, and how to ask for help when needed. The key to growth is not running from difficulties but pushing through them and learning from them. A good conversation with words of acceptance and reassurance are exactly what every kid deserves to continue their pursuit for excellence.
- Mon, 9/12 - Reading Night at BRES at 6 p.m.
- Tue, 9/14 - VB vs Dodd City HOME
- Thu, 9/15 - JH / JV vs Quinlan Boles at 5 & 6:30 p.m. AWAY
- Fri, 9/16 - Homecoming Parade at 1 p.m.
- Fri, 9/16 - VB vs Wolfe City at 4:30 HOME
- Fri, 9/16 - FB vs Quinlan Boles at 7:30 - HOMECOMING
- Sat, 9/17 - Cross Country at Princeton 8 a.m.
- Mon, 9/19 - September Board Meeting at 6:00 p.m.
Elementary School Calendar
Middle School Calendar
High School Calendar
Homecoming Week is Here!
Homecoming Week is here. There will be lots of morning activities at school, so make sure your child doesn't miss school on Friday. Additionally, the parade starts at 1 p.m. and ends with a pep rally at the high school at 2:30 p.m. The game begins at 7:30 p.m and we hope to see everyone there as we show our Tiger Pride when we play on Friday.
Get Healthy in September
Are you looking for ideas to get healthy and fit? Check out the American Heart Association newsletter for September.
Your Input Matters
If you have a question, suggestion, or comment, please let a comment below. Comments are not published immediately. Please do not leave negative comments about individual people. If you have a negative comment, please email the principal, superintendent or call 972-752-5554.