This week students across the district took their first 6 weeks assessment. The assessments were developed by our teachers with district guidance and support, and the rigor of the assessments matches the rigor of the STAAR test that students will take in the spring. The purpose of the assessing students is 2-fold
- Gauge student learning and growth from last year.
- Identify instructional practices that contribute to or inhibit student growth.
Based on the results we receive, we will determine which students need additional time and support (intervention) and which students are ready to be challenged through more rigorous extension activities. If you have any questions about the 6 Weeks Assessments and how your student is doing on them, you can contact your child's teacher or principal.
Every student has a +10 goal. In other words, if the student made a 60 last year, we want them to grow toward a 70 this year. If the student made a 30 on last year's test, his +10 goal is making a 40. The purpose behind this mindset is to condition our students to always grow into the excellence that is deep within them. We hope that you will take part in working with us to help your child reach his/her +10 goal for this year.
Check out this video by Mrs. Fritchman's students learning about syllables through the use of movement.
- Fri, 9/30 - Senior Pictures
- Fri, 9/30 - HS VB vs. Roxton 4:30 p.m.
- Fri, 9/30 - V FB vs. Tom Bean HOME 7:30 p.m.
- Sat, 10/1 - Cross Country at Commerce
- Mon, 10/3 - NO SCHOOL - STATE FAIR DAY
- Mon, 10/3 - JH VB vs Savoy AWAY
- Tue, 10/4 - HS VB vs Tom Bean HOME 5:00
- Thu, 10/6 - Cross Country Meet at Blue Ridge
- Thu, 10/6 - JH FB (5:00) & JV FB (6:30) vs Valley View HERE
- Fri, 10/7 - HS VB vs Dodd City (4:30) AWAY
- Fri, 10/7 - HS FB vs Valley View AWAY 7:30 p.m.
|First meal of the year prepared by Charlotte Todd's Culinary Business Management Students-chicken enchiladas, rice and cookies.|
Elementary School Calendar
Middle School Calendar
High School Calendar
Grapevine-Colleyville ISD sets 4 priorities for upcoming legislative session
BRISD Teachers hold 1st Twitter Chat
Melissa Stiney led our very first twitter chat about how to better engage students using Kagan structures, a new initiative in our district. We had several teachers sharing their thoughts in this chat. To see the #BRISDLearns chat, CLICK HERE
Your Input Matters
If you have a question, suggestion, or comment, please let a comment below. Comments are not published immediately. Please do not leave negative comments about individual people. If you have a negative comment, please email the principal, superintendent or call 972-752-5554.