|BRISD Long-Range Facility Planning|
Committee toured campuses and set the focus
for next steps.
This past week, the Long-Range Facility Planning Committee met on Thursday, November 8 at 6 p.m. The committee toured the campuses, and listened to financial advisor, Brian Grubbs, about the potential cost of new facilities which were presented by WRA Architects. The committee came to a consensus that the district needs to explore the options related to having a bond election for a new elementary school. CLICK THE LINK to access handouts from the meeting.
The committee will meet again on Tuesday, December 18 at 6:30 p.m. at the new Sanford Elementary in Van Alstyne ISD, and as always, all members of the community are invited. If you would like to be added to the email distribution list, please contact Shawn Harris at 972-752-5554.
Congratulations to the Blue Ridge HS Football Team
District Runners Up in their first year in 3A Competition
|Thank you Silver Tigers for having|
breakfast with us on Election Day.
from the elementary school and the Boys Cross Country Team who took 3rd place and advanced to Regionals in their first year in 3A.
The board took action on the following items:
- Approved the items in consent agenda,
- Approved the purchase of a new Agriculture Science truck,
- Approved the purchase of a new school bus,
- Approved the district improvement and campus improvement plans,
- Approved the purchase of a new sound system for the football stadium.
The board discussed the following items:
- Results of Fall Teacher Feedback Meetings to improve the working environment of our teachers which is part of the BRISD District
Mr. Wink's Elementary Student Leader of
the Week is Evelyn Stewart.
- Progress the district is making to accomplish the BRISD Academic Improvement Goal using the MAP (Measures of Academic Progress) test data,
- Results of the TELPAS (Texas English Language Proficiency Assessment System) which is part of the BRISD Academic Improvement Goal,
The next BRISD Board Meeting is Monday, December 17 at 7 p.m.
Congratulations Blue Ridge MS 8th Grade Football Team
District Champions in their first year in 3A Competition
BRISD Veteran's Day Celebration Highlights
Created by Melissa Stiney, BRISD Director of Instructional Technology
|Mr. Wink's Elementary Student Leader of the|
Week is Jayce Harris.
- Fri, Nov 16 - FB Playoff Game vs. Grand Saline at 7:30 in Terrell
- Fri, Nov 16 - HS GBB (Basketball) at Gainesville
- Mon - Fri, Nov 19 - 23 - THANKSGIVING BREAK
- Mon, Nov 26 - School Resumes
- Mon, Nov 26 - JH BBB at Bonham
- Tue, Nov 27 - HS GBB at Ector
- Thu - Sat, 11/29 - 12/1 - BBB at Farmersville Tournament
- Thu - Sat, 11/29 - 12/1 - GBB at Valley View Tournament
- Sat, Dec 1 - BR Christmas Parade
- Mon, Dec 3 - EOC English I Retest
- Mon, Dec 3 - JH Boys BB vs Whitewright
- Mon, Dec 3 - JH Girls BB at Whitewright
- Tue, Dec 4 - EOC Algebra 1 Retest
- Tue, Dec 4 - HS Boys & Girls BB at Farmersville
Thank you Stacy Arbanas, Carolyn Wink, and
Aubrey Corbett (not pictured) for all of your
work organizing our Food Pantry.
- Thu, Dec 6 - EOC Biology Retest
- Thu, Dec 6 - UIL Speaking Events for MS at Bonham
- Fri, Dec 7 - EOC U.S. History Retest
- Fri, Dec 7 - UIL Speaking Events for ES at Bells
- Dec 6 - 8 - Blue Ridge Basketball Tournament Boys & Girls
- Mon, Dec 10 - BRHS Band Christmas Concert
- Tue, Dec 11 - HS Boys BB vs Whitesboro
- Tue, Dec 11 - HS Girls BB at Van Alstyne
- Thu, Dec 13 - MS UIL Academics Paper Events at Van Alstyne
- Fri, Dec 14 - ES UIL Academic Paper Events at Leonard
- Fri, Dec 14 - HS Girls vs Howe
- Fri, Dec 14 - HS Boys at Lone Oak
- Sat, Dec 15 - MS One Act Play at Princeton
- Sat, Dec 15 - Winter Sports Meet the Tiger at 7 pm
- Mon, Dec 17 - JH Boys BB at Bells
- Mon, Dec 17 - JH Girls BB at Howe
- Mon, Dec 17 - BRISD Board Meeting at 7 p.m.
- Tue, Dec 18 - Girls & Boys BB at Leonard
Mr. Wink's Secondary Student Leader of the
Week is Jacob Duncan
- Tue, Dec 18 - Long Range Facility Planning Committee Meeting at 7 p.m.
- Wed, Dec 19 - Last Day of 2nd 9 Weeks
- Thu, Dec 20 - Staff Work Day (Holiday for Students)
- Fri, Dec 21 - Christmas Break begins
- Fri, Dec 21 - Boys & Girls BB vs Bonham
- Mon & Tue, 1/7-1/8 - Staff Development Day
- Wed, Jan 9 - Students Return for 3rd 9 Weeks
|Thank you to Ashley Elder for leading our new PBIS Rewards|
program. PBIS stands for Positive Behavior in Schools.
Elementary School Calendar
Middle School Calendar
High School Calendar
Blue Ridge Community Calendar
Erica Gudgel's 5th grade students show how they are learning the science concept of density in a fun way. 5th grade chefs are following a recipe and applying real world skills to investigate relative density and solubility.
Your Input Matters
If you have a question, suggestion, or comment, please leave a comment below. Comments are not published immediately. Please do not leave negative comments about individual people. If you have a negative comment, please email the principal, superintendent or call 972-752-5554.