Over this past year, we have experienced approximately 10% growth in student enrollment. With that in mind, our goal is to ensure that we provide the best to our staff so that we can in turn provide our best to our students. This spring we are planning for the needs of our students and staff, and in the coming weeks, we will
communicate those changes to you.
|BRISD Board members learned about the great instruction at BRES.|
In the pictures, Mrs. Mayfield's 4th graders taught the board a lesson
on editing and revising their writing.
To better support our staff, an additional change was made to our DEC Local policy regarding the number of local days our teachers can use. Currently, teachers have 2 local days that can be used for sickness or absences, and the board agreed to increase that safety net from 2 to 5 days beginning next year. This will be beneficial to all employees especially those who have small children that are more susceptible to illnesses.
Additionally, the board heard potential district goals regarding the following areas for improvement:
- Increasing student performance academically,
- Creating a 5 year facility plan,
- Creating a college and career plan in all grades
- Developing a personnel plan to recruit and retain the best staff for our kids.
The spring is a very busy time of year for our students and it is no different for our board and central office who are working tirelessly to raise the bar for next school year.
In our board election, seats for Place 3 and 6 were up for election. As of the deadline, Gary Lillard was the only person to sign up for Place 3, and Amanda Voirin was the only person to sign up for Place 6. They will assume their positions at the May board meeting. We are most thankful for Brad Duncan who has served on our board since 2006. We wish him the best and appreciate all he has done for Blue Ridge ISD.
- Thu-Sat, 2/23 - 2/24
- Baseball at Sam Rayburn Tournament
- Softball at North Texas Invitational Tournament
- Fri, 2/24 - End of 4th 6 Weeks
- Fri, 2/24 - Elementary Spring Pictures
- Sat, 2/25 - HS Powerlifting Girls Regionals
- Mon, 2/27 - Blue Ridge JH Track Meet
- Tue, 2/28 - #TxEdTuesday & #PowerofPublic (Tell your story on social media)
- Wed, 3/1 - HS One Act Play
- Thu, 3/2 - 3 /4 -
- Blue Ridge HS Baseball Tournament
- Softball - Van Alstyne Tournament
- Fri, 3/3 - HS Powerlifting Regionals
- 3/6 - 3/10 - SPRING BREAK
- Tue, 3/7 - Softball vs Bells AWAY
- Tue, 3/7 - Baseball vs Tom Bean HERE
- Fri, 3/10 - Softball vs. Sam Rayburn HERE
- Mon, 3/13 - Student return from Spring Break
Elementary School Calendar
Middle School Calendar
High School Calendar
The Blue Ridge Bazaar is coming on March 18. Several vendors will be here to sell their products, and proceeds from the booth rental and concession will go to our Science club and Food Pantry. Set your calendar to come out and purchase awesome items.
In the Texas Legislature
Contact your Legislator
Should Texas use the Rainy Day Fund?
Survey - Should Texas use state money for private / parochial schools?
Your Input Matters
If you have a question, suggestion, or comment, please let a comment below. Comments are not published immediately. Please do not leave negative comments about individual people. If you have a negative comment, please email the principal, superintendent or call 972-752-5554.