As you wrap up the summer, you are encouraged to have conversations about growth with your students. Asking them where they would like to grow in their learning is a great place to begin. Additionally, having conversations about how they can grow in their character and how they can help their friends and the community will prime their brains for the work we will do this year.
The best way to wrap up the summer is by setting goals for the upcoming school year.
AFTERSCHOOL DAYCARE is in BRISD now!!!
Check out the link above for more information and how to get signed up.
Lunch Prices Change
Due to cost increases to the food service program which are associated with maintaining compliance with USDA Federal Regulations, the BRISD Food Service Program will increase lunch prices in the 2017-2018 school year. Breakfast prices will remain the same for 2017-2018.
|Summer Band is under way,|
and the Tiger Band is preparing for
its most successful year ever.
Lunch Prices 2016-2017
Lunch Prices 2017-2018
Elementary School $2.25
Middle School $2.75
High School $2.75
Elementary School $2.50
Middle School $3.00
High School $3.00
We would like to encourage households to apply for benefits through the National School Lunch Program. The program will include breakfast and lunch meals at a free or reduced price if you qualify. You may apply during registration, so you are encouraged to pick up an application at your child’s campus office, or at either of the cafeterias. If you have any questions please call either one of the cafeteria managers, Rene Elder or Terri Rodriquez, and they will be glad to assist you.
- Mon, Aug 7 - 9 - New Teacher Orientation
- Mon, Aug 7 - Blue Ridge Alliance Meeting at 6:30 p.m. (Open to all Blue Ridge Businesses, Churches and Organizations)
- Thu, Aug 10 - BRISD Teachers and Staff Return
- Fri, Aug 11 - HS FB Scrimmage vs. Cumby (HOME)
- Mon, Aug 14 - District Staff Development Week
- Thu, Aug 17 - Meet the Teacher at all campuses (check campus webpages for times)
- Mon, Aug 21 - First Day of School 2017-2018
- Mon, Aug 21 - Board of Trustees meet to adopt budget and tax rate.
- Tue, Aug 22 - HS VB vs Gunter HERE
- Thu, Aug 24 - HS VB at Whitesboro Tournament
- Fri, Aug 25 - HS VB at Leonard at 4:30 p.m.
- Fri, Aug 25 - HS FB at Era at 6 p.m.
- Sat, Aug 26 - HS VB at Whitesboro Tournament
Elementary School Calendar
Middle School Calendar
High School Calendar
During the summer, the HS gym floor had a complete make-over and new LED lights were installed. Beginning in late September, improvements to the softball and baseball fields will begin.
Your Input Matters
If you have a question, suggestion, or comment, please let a comment below. Comments are not published immediately. Please do not leave negative comments about individual people. If you have a negative comment, please email the principal, superintendent or call 972-752-5554.