The +10 Mindset
As we get ready to wrap up the 2016 year, I want to highlight some very positive things happening at Blue Ridge ISD. First, we are a culture of growth. At every campus, the focus has been on how much growth students are making in their learning. Second, staff members have been committed to their own personal growth. Because we know that student growth can't be maximized without teacher growth, teachers and staff members have put in lots of hours outside the school day to find new ways to get better at meeting the needs of all kids. Finally, we want all kids to succeed in everything that they do.
From academic classes to UIL Academics, from One Act Play to band and athletics, or from FFA to Beta Club, our district is firmly committed to ensuring that every student finds their own unique excellence. What we do as a district can never be fully measured by one test on one day or in an arbitrary rating. We will always judge ourselves by how much growth we make in every student.
As we finish this month, I would like to express my gratitude and appreciation for allowing me to serve as your superintendent. Blue Ridge is truly a Bridge to Excellence, and it is an honor and privilege to be a part of such an outstanding community. I pray that as we complete this last week of December, each of you will enter the Christmas week full of love, comfort and joy.
- Fri, 12/9 - HS BB vs. Quinlan-Boles HOME
- Sat, 12/10 - JV BB Tournament at Trenton
- Mon, 12/12 - JH BB vs. Bland AWAY
- Tue, 12/13 - HS Girls BB v Aubrey at 5 p.m. HOME
- Tue, 12/13 - HS Boys BB v Nocona at 7 p.m. HOME
- Wed, 12/14 - Silver Tiger Coffee Reception with Superintendent from 8:30 - 10 a.m. at BRISD Admin Building
- Thu, 12/15 - BR Band Concert at HS Gym at 7 p.m.
- Fri, 12/16 - Early Release Day at 12:25 (ES) & 12:30 (MS/HS) and Christmas Parties
- Fri, 12/16 - HS BB vs Tom Bean HOME
- 12/19 - 12/30 - Christmas Break
- Mon, 1 /2, Staff Development (STUDENT HOLIDAY)
- Tue, 1 /3, Staff Development (STUDENT HOLIDAY)
- Wed, 1 /4, Students Return to School
|BRES hosted a fantastic Christmas program.|
Thank you BRES staff for all of your hard work in putting this
Elementary School Calendar
Middle School Calendar
High School Calendar
Your Input Matters
If you have a question, suggestion, or comment, please let a comment below. Comments are not published immediately. Please do not leave negative comments about individual people. If you have a negative comment, please email the principal, superintendent or call 972-752-5554.