The first 9 week is coming to an end, and the 1st quarter of school is over. Report cards will be coming out next week. As you reflect with your child on his first 9 weeks, here are a few questions to ask.
- Which class do you feel is your best class?
- Which class is one that you are struggling with and would like to improve in?
- What can we do together to help you get better in your schoolwork and learning?
- Let's make a study plan to help you reach your goal (+10 goal).
Conversations with your child about his/her work will go a long way in helping him/her make significant growth in learning.
|Congratulations to our newest BRMS Beta Club Inductees.|
|Our Volunteers of the Month|
Phillip Pulliam, Aaron Branscome and Denise Avery (not pictured)
- Fri, 10/21 - END OF 1ST 9 WEEKS GRADING PERIOD
- Fri, 10/21 - EARLY RELEASE DAY (Students released at 12:25 HS/MS and 12:30 ES)
- Fri, 10/21 - HS VB vs. Bells at 4:30 p.m. AWAY
- Fri, 10/21 - HS FB vs. Trenton at 7:30 p.m. AWAY
- Sat, 10/22 - JH District Volleyball Tournament at Bells
- Mon, 10/24 - Staff Development Day (Student Holiday)
- Tue, 10/25 - 2nd 9 Weeks Begins & Students return to school
- Tue, 10/25 - HS VB vs. Roxton at 5 p.m. AWAY
- Tue, 10/25 - Fri, 10/28 - Scholastic Book Fair at BRES Library
- Thu, 10/27 - STAR & Kona Ice Night at BRES
- Fri, 10/28 - NO FOOTBALL GAME - BYE WEEK
|Congratulations to our Leaders of the Month from BRES.|
Elementary School Calendar
Middle School Calendar
High School Calendar
|From top left - Michael Gelvin, Mary Townsend,|
Lisa Reeves and Sara Hall
Additionally, we recognized our Volunteers of the Month: Aaron Branscome, Phillip Pulliam and Denise Avery.
At BRISD, we are striving to be a B_Ridge to Excellence for every child and that only happens when we have several people leading the way with us.
Competing for Excellence
Congratulations to our Coach Angela Doan and the Lady Tiger Volleyball Team for making the playoffs this past week. The girls have a few more games to determine what place they will be in.
Congratulations to David Terry and the Mighty Tiger Band for their hard work. This past Wednesday, the band earned a 2nd division rating at the UIL Marching Contest in Princeton. The band has grown a lot under Mr. Terry's work and we look forward to their continued progress this year.
Congratulations to Coach Terra Mathers and the Blue Ridge Cross Country teams who competed in their district meet this past week in Trenton. We are so proud of our kids.
Advancing to regionals are the Boys High School Team: Brennan Garner, Jared Stroman, Eddie Ramirez, Isaac Gossage, Travis Bishop, David Alas, Korbin Pulliam
High School Girl Medalists: Ellery Martin
Boys Middle School Medalist: Alex Branscome 1st place
Girls Middle school: Kylie Mathers 2nd, Gracie Pulliam 4th, Raylie Mcelfresh 5th
Our Boys middle school team was 2nd overall, and our Girls middle school team was 2nd overall
If you have a question, suggestion, or comment, please let a comment below. Comments are not published immediately. Please do not leave negative comments about individual people. If you have a negative comment, please email the principal, superintendent or call 972-752-5554.