The first day of school starts on Monday, August 22, and the teachers and staff have been working hard this week to roll out the 'Green Carpet' for every student when all of them return. This year our goal will be to help every student grow into the excellence that we know is already inside them.
As you talk to your student about the beginning of school, it is always great to have conversations that help them set goals for growth. Great conversation starters include:
- What is one class you're excited about taking?
- What is one subject that you really want to improve in this year?
- What is something you are worried about as you start the year?
- By the time we get to the end of the year, what would you hope to accomplish academically?
Having conversations with your students calms their fears and helps them focus on the purpose of school. I wish each and every one of you a great start to the year and look forward to watching every student and teacher grow closer to excellence.
- Mon, Aug 22 - 1st Day of School
- Thu, Aug 25 JV FB vs Detroit HOME at 6 p.m.
- Thu, Aug 25 Volleyball tournament at Whiteboro
- Fri, Aug 26 - V FB vs. Detroit AWAY at 7:30 p.m.
- Fri, Aug 26 - Volleyball vs. Whitesboro HOME at 4:30 p.m.
- Mon, Aug 29 - Public Meeting on Proposed Budget and Tax Rate 6 p.m.
- Mon, Aug 29 - Board Meeting (Immediately following Public Meeting)
Elementary School Calendar
Middle School Calendar
High School Calendar
BRISD Academic Success for 2015 - 2016
The state accountability ratings came out this week, and there are 2 results a school can earn, improvement required or met standard. We are excited to report that BRISD met standard on every campus and for the district as a whole. To read the chart below, the number on the left is our performance and the number on the right is what we needed to earn to meet standard. Blue Ridge ISD met standard in every index for every organization.
A brief explanation of the indices are as follows:
- Index 1 - Score is based on number of tests passed,
- Index 2 - Score is based on number of students meeting and exceeding growth,
- Index 3 - Score is based on low socioeconomic and lowest subgroups and the numbers of these students passing and scoring advanced on the test,
- Index 4 - Score is based on students performing at final passing standard on 2 or more tests and for the HS and district the score includes performance of students graduating on time and being college and career ready.
|BLUE RIDGE ISD STATE ACCOUNTABILITY 2015 - 2016|
Teachers learning the new website and personalized pages. Teachers that learn together stay together! #Brisdlearns pic.twitter.com/rVTpk2sC2C— Rene Sawatsky (@RenePrincess7) August 16, 2016
Public Meeting for Proposed Budget and Tax Rate
The Blue Ridge ISD Board of Trustees will hold a public meeting on the proposed budget and tax rate at Monday, August 29 at 6 p.m. at the Blue Ridge ISD Board Room. Immediately following the public meeting, the board will hold a special meeting to adopt the budget and tax rate.
Information on the proposed budget can be found at this link. (CLICK HERE). Due to changes in state funding and a decrease in enrollment, we have created a proposed budget that will be $341,000 less than the budgeted amount from last year. We feel confident that while revenue will be less, we will be able to provide the resources that students and teachers need to learn at high levels.
The proposed tax rate is currently $1.5846, but the recommended tax rate for approval will be $1.5715, which will be the exact same tax rate that we currently have. Again, the recommendation for approval will be to keep the tax rate the same as it is currently today.
Your Input Matters
If you have a question, suggestion, or comment, please let a comment below. Comments are not published immediately. Please do not leave negative comments about individual people. If you have a negative comment, please email the principal, superintendent or call 972-752-5554.