At BRISD, we are pushing our students and staff to embrace the +10 Mindset. +10 is all about growth whether it be academic, athletic, extracurricular or personal growth. This week, we would like to salute Theresa Wade who has overcome physical obstacles to be where she is today. No matter her situation, Theresa's attitude of positivity is what pushes her to growth in her craft as an English teacher at BRHS and in her personal triumph. Watch the video below to learn more about and to support Theresa in her journey.
- Fri, Aug 26 - V FB vs Detroit at 7:30 AWAY
- Fri & Sat, Aug 26, 27 - V VB at Whitesboro Tournament
- Mon, Aug 29 - Public Meeting on Proposed Budget and Tax Rate (Special Board Meeting to follow)
- Tue, Aug 30 - HS VB vs. Pilot Point from 5-8 HERE
- Thu, Sep 1 - MS VB vs. Tom Bean at 5:00 AWAY
- Thu, Sep 1 - JV FB vs. Whiteright at 6:30 AWAY
- Fri, Sep 2 - V VB vs Boles at 4:30 AWAY
- Fri, Sep 2 - Pep Rally at 2:35 at BRHS
- Fri, Sep 2 - V FB vs Whitewright at 7:30 HERE
- Mon, Sep 5 - Labor Day (School Holiday)
- Tue, Sep 6 - School Resumes
Elementary School Calendar
Middle School Calendar
High School Calendar
Our HS students are learning about Google Classroom with their new Chromebooks. #BRISDPride pic.twitter.com/T6c2MlcEwz— Blue Ridge ISD (@BlueRidgeISD) August 22, 2016
Public Meeting on 2016-17 Proposed Budget & Tax Rate and Special Board Meeting
The Blue Ridge ISD Board of Trustees will have a special meeting at 6 PM on Monday, August 29, 2016. The agenda contains the following items.
- Public Meeting on 2016-17 Proposed Budget and Tax Rate - The budget and tax rates are contained in Proposed Budget 2016-2017 link
- Adoption of 2016-2017 Budget
- Adoption of 2016-2017 Tax Rate
- Review and consider additional paraprofessional for special education.
Due to changes in state funding and a decrease in enrollment, we have created a proposed budget that will be $341,000 less than the budgeted amount from last year. We feel confident that while revenue will be less, we will be able to provide the resources that students and teachers need to learn at high levels.
The proposed tax rate is currently $1.5846, but the recommended tax rate for approval will be $1.5715, which will be the exact same tax rate that we currently have. Again, the recommendation for approval will be to keep the tax rate the same as it is currently today.
Your Input Matters
If you have a question, suggestion, or comment, please let a comment below. Comments are not published immediately. Please do not leave negative comments about individual people. If you have a negative comment, please email the principal, superintendent or call 972-752-5554.